Thunder Bay • Orillia

Honours Bachelor of Outdoor Recreation/Bachelor of Education P/J (TB)

Six year program

Prior to Entry into the 2-Year Professional Program
In concurrent Education programs at the Primary/Junior level, students must meet and complete requirements of the partnering Honours degree program including all Pre-Professional Program Education requirements. (See Concurrent Degree Programs Information for Education requirements)

First Year:
(a) Outdoor Recreation 1010, 1070, 1150, 1310
(b) English 1016
(c) One of: Anthropology 1032 and 1034; Economics 1100; Geography 1150 and 1190; Indigenous Learning 1100; Political Science 1100; Psychology 1100; Sociology 1100
(d) One FCE elective in Science (General Science 1000 recommended) (see Concurrent Education Content Regulations, #1, regarding eligible Science courses)
(e) Education 1050

Second Year:
(a) Outdoor Recreation 2210, 2270, 2350, 2511, 2755
(b) One half FCE in Music or Visual Arts
(c) One half FCE in English, French, or an Indigenous language
(d) One FCE electives
(e) Education 2050

Third Year:
(a) Outdoor Recreation 3050, 3312, 3370
(b) Two FCEs in Outdoor Recreation at the third year level                                                                    
(c) One half FCE  Outdoor Recreation at the fourth year level                                                             
(d) One half FCE elective at the second year level or higher
(e) One half FCE Education elective (see Electives in the Department of Undergraduate Studies in Education Courses list)
Note: Concurrent Education students should check the timetable for Pre-Professional Program course offerings.

Fourth Year:
(a) Outdoor Recreation 4370
(b) Two FCEs in Outdoor Recreation at the fourth year level
(c) One half FCE in Outdoor Recreation at the third or fourth year level
(d) Two FCE electives at the second year level or higher

Fifth and Sixth Years (2-Year Professional Program):
Concurrent Education (Primary/Junior) requirements

Note: The Indigenous Content Requirement is met by taking Outdoor Recreation 1150.