Thunder Bay • Orillia

Master of Arts in Sociology (Specialization in Women's Studies) (Research Paper Program) (TB)

The Research Paper Program consists of Sociology 5111 - Problems and Issues in Sociology and Sociology 5112 - Quantitative Methods or Sociology 5113 - Qualitative Methods, and Sociology 5920 (9920) - Research Paper (one FCE), plus two graduate full course equivalents (four half courses) for a total of 4 FCEs. With the permission of the student's supervisor and Department Chair, a fourth year FCE may be substituted for one FCE at the graduate level.

Specialization in Women's Studies
Students in the Women's Studies Specialization will not be required to take one of the half-course electives and the half-course Sociology methods course, Sociology 5112 or 5113, but will be required to take the full course, Women's Studies 5101 instead. Students must also complete the research paper on a topic related to Women's Studies.